Vision statement and guiding principles
- Environmentally sustainable: Take bold action to address climate change and design and move in ways that protect and enhance the natural environment.
- Financially sustainable: Ensure mobility and its infrastructure is affordable for current and future generations.
- Equitable: Recognize diverse mobility needs and embed equity into decision making to enable everyone to move through the city.
- Healthy and safe: Promote and protect the physical, mental and social wellbeing of all and encourage active living.
- Integrated, connected and efficient: Strengthen community and the economy with better access to people, places, goods and services as London grows.
The Mobility Master Plan is being developed with the following vision statement:
"By 2050, Londoners of all identities, abilities and means will have viable mobility options to allow them to move throughout the city safely and efficiently, as well as providing connectivity to the region. The movement of people and goods will be environmentally sustainable, affordable, and supportive of economic growth and development."
The Mobility Master Plan is being developed with the following guiding principles: