Action Plan Programs and Initiatives
The City will explore various actions to be phased in between 2019 and 2022 for increasing residential waste diversion including:
- Increasing the amount captured in the Blue Box program
- New recycling programs: such as textiles, metal and bulky items (carpets, furniture, mattresses, bulky plastics)
- Curbside organics program (Green Bin) and bi-weekly garbage collection
- Multi-residential organics program (mixed waste pilot program)
- Other organic initiatives such as food waste reduction, home composting, community composting
- Waste Reduction & Reuse Programs such as waste reduction education and policies, lending libraries, reuse events, etc.