Environmentalist in Residence - London Public Library
The London Public Library is excited to welcome their second Environmentalist in Residence, Dr. Andrea Boyer! During the month of April, Dr. Andrea Boyer will offer practical online sessions and answer your online questions.
Dr. Andrea Boyer holds a PhD in Biology with a specialization in Environmental & Sustainability and is an Assistant Professor and researcher at Western University and Fanshawe College. She has contributed her expertise for five years with the Environmental and Ecological Planning Advisory Committee that provides technical advice to the City of London on environmentally significant projects. She volunteers with BirdSafe UWO and Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup events.
- Thurs April 1, 7pm - 8:00pm – Meet our Environmentalist in Residence, Dr Andrea Boyer
- Tues April 6, 7pm - 8:30pm – Being a Bird Friendly Community
- Thurs April 15, Noon - 1pm – Great Lakes Region Climate Change: What to expect to be Climate Ready - A Conversation with Paul Gross, NBC Detroit
- Sat April 24, 2pm - 3:00pm – Healthy Shorelines and Riverbanks
- Wed April 28, 7:00 – 8:00pm – London's Environmentally Significant Areas
Join the ESA challenge! If you visit one of London's Environmentally Significant Areas in April, post your picture to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #LdnESA and you'll have a chance to win a rain barrel, composter or $50 in Harvest Bucks (which can be spent at local farmer's markets) from the London Public Library.
Visit londonpubliclibrary.ca/page/environmentalist-residence for complete details, to submit a question to Dr. Andrea Boyer, or to register for one of the online events.