The City of London, City Planning division is working on a new study to identify the most appropriate tools and approaches for guiding and achieving improvement and regeneration goals in the Hyde Park area.
Why are we doing this project?
In 2017, the Hyde Park Business Improvement Area (BIA) requested that the City create a Community Improvement Plan (CIP) for the Hyde Park area.
Before the decision is made to develop a CIP, it is the City’s responsibility to determine the most appropriate tools and approaches to use to achieve local regeneration.
What do we want to achieve through this project?
- Create a community profile for the Hyde Park area
- Identify improvement and regeneration goals and opportunities.
- Identify issues and constraints that may impact improvement and regeneration.
- Continue to build relationships with stakeholders.
- Create a summary of tools, initiatives and approaches that can be used to achieve community improvement and regeneration goals.
- Identify the most appropriate tools and approaches for the Hyde Park area.
- Develop recommendations for the Planning & Environment Committee (PEC) regarding how to approach improvement and regeneration in the Hyde Park Area.
What is the community’s role?
- goals and priorities for community improvement and regeneration;
- specific issues that may impact community improvement and regeneration activities and projects;
- work completed and planned related to community improvement and regeneration; and,
- interested stakeholders (e.g. community groups, residents, business representatives).
- Provide information for the community profile.
- Participate in consultation opportunities.
What is City Planning Staff’s role?
- Consult with stakeholders.
- Consult with City Divisions & Agencies.
- Review planning policies, projects and legislation.
- Conduct on-site research.
- Establish the context for community improvement and regeneration in the Hyde Park area.
- Create a summary of methods and tools used to achieve community improvement and regeneration.
- Make recommendations to the Planning & Environment Committee (PEC) regarding the most appropriate approach for the Hyde Park area.