Did you know?
- Homeless Veterans have unique needs amongst the general homeless population, including physical and mental health consequences following release from active military service.(31)
- London offers a coordinated Housing First response for Veterans experiencing homelessness.
- 2,950 Veterans use homeless shelters each year in Canada.(32)
- 2.2% of shelter users reported having served in the military.(33)
- 78 Canadian Veterans participated in the development of the Canadian Model for Housing and Support of Veterans Experiencing Homelessness. The average length of time the 78 participating Canadian Veterans experienced homelessness was 5.8 years.(34)
- Veteran: A Veteran is an individual who is a former or current member of the Canadian Forces.(35)