Did you know?
- Urban Indigenous Peoples are eight times more likely to experience homelessness than non-Indigenous people.(26)
- A Local Indigenous Homeless Prevention Plan (Giwetashkad) is being developed.
- 29% of individuals and families surveyed as part of London’s 2018 Enumeration Event identified as Indigenous or having Indigenous ancestry.(27)
- 3% of the population in London reported as having an ‘Indigenous Identity’ according to 2016 Census data.(28)
- 28% to 34% of shelter users report Indigenous ancestry, whereas Indigenous Peoples represent approximately 4.3% of the Canadian population.(29)
- 40% of Indigenous children live in poverty compared to the national average of 19% of children who live in poverty.(30)