Did you know?
- Housing First programs provide intensive in-home support for individuals experiencing chronic and persistent homelessness.
- Individuals on London’s By-Name List have completed an assessment and have been prioritized to participate in a Housing First program.
- Most individuals and families experiencing homelessness do not require the intensive in-home supports provided by Housing First programs.
- Rehousing is expected to occur as individuals transition from homelessness to housing stability.
- 6 Housing First programs assist individuals and families experiencing chronic homelessness to secure and maintain housing.
- 500 individuals are on London’s By-Name List.
- 400 participants are supported each year through a Housing First response.
- 1:10 is a typical Housing First caseload size (1 Housing Stability Worker, 10 participants).
- Chronic Homelessness: Chronic homelessness is defined as a period of homelessness lasting six months or more in the past year.(3)
- Housing First: Housing First means access to permanent housing with supports.
- Vulnerability Index Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (VI-SPDAT): VI-SPDAT is an assessment tool used to determine acuity and prioritization when providing assistance to individuals experiencing homelessness.(4)
- The By-Name List: A list of individuals experiencing chronic homelessness and high use of emergency shelter.